Welcome message from the Chair, Ludmila Pastorova
The Education Committee meets twice per year and our main aim is to improve the quality of coaches, officials and umpires while bridging the gap between highly developed hockey nations and developing hockey nations.
The Education Committee comprises:
- Coaching Working Group
- Officials Working Group
- Umpiring Working Group
You can read below the aims and strategic targets of each of these Working Groups.
Queries in relation to Education should be sent to our Development Officer, Norman Hughes
The Education Committee links very closely with the Development Projects Committee.
For further information about the work of the Development Projects Committee click here
Coaching Working Group, a welcome from the Group Leader Herman Kruis:
Our group meets twice a year and we are strongly focused on improving the expertise and knowledge of all coaches across Europe by:
- Delivering Continental High Performance coaching seminars
- Delivering Development coaching seminars
- Supporting our National Federations by engaging expert conductors to train their coaches
- Delivering WEBINAR seminars for coaches across Europe
- Developing more resources for coaches in conjunction with our Coaching partners NACsport and iGameplanner
- Developing a new EHF Coach Award Structure Level 1 and 2
We will also be working hard during 2012 to develop a “Buddy system” for targeted coaches to allow for Continuous Professional Development of a group of key coaches during 2013.
Officials Working Group, a welcome from the Group Leader Edna Rutten:
Our group meets twice a year and we are strongly focused on improving the skills of our top and developing Techncial Officials.
In 2013 our group will focus on:
- Launching a TD Tool Kit with all papers that are required for the smooth running of EuroHockey Tournaments. (launched in March 2013)
- Delivering an Officials workshop targeted at our current Top Officials
- Identifying a group of young national officials to train during 2013 (Seminar during EHCCC in Hamburg, March 2013)
Umpiring Working Group, a welcome from the Group Leader Paul Box Grainger:
Our group meets twice a year and we are strongly focused on improving the skills and knowledge of all umpires across Europe by:
- Delivering the EHF UDP programme
- Investigating ongoing support for UDP Graduates
- Sharing knowledge and best practise with a wider group of promising umpires across Europe
- Sharing quality resources with all National Associations
- Support National Associations in the development of their own National umpiring structures
- Training more female umpires